St. Charles County Government
Dates: January 2012 - Present
Positions: Systems Architect, Systems Engineer II, Systems Engineer I
- Designed and implemented a hot-spare data center.
- Designed and implemented the conversion from individual Hyper-V hosts to two HA clusters for redundancy and reliability.
- Implemented management systems such as System Center Virtual Machine Manager to ease in overall administration.
- Developed scripts to automate virtual machine audits with information such as CPU, network, and disk usage.
- Replaced a website with PHP and Laravel for searching public data to replace an aging and outdated system.
- Arranged Microsoft Enterprise Agreement renewals and true-ups.
Dates: August 2006 - December 2011
Positions: Network and Systems Administrator, Technical Support
- Configured and setup new uplinks and customers with BGP peers.
- Performed the migration of hundreds of physical servers to virtual machines to reduce on power and space usage.
- Implemented a centralized blackhole system forthe network and automatic announcements to uplinks over BGP
- Implemented a NetFlow monitoring system to alert NOC staff to possible attacks and botnets.
- Optimized web server software and caching to handle server requests over one million per hour.
- Implemented replacement NMS (Zenoss and OpenNMS) suites to monitor the status of the network.
Skills and Knowledge Areas
- Apple OSX
- Various GNU/Linux
- Windows thru 2012 R2
- Storage Integration
- HP Comware/H3C/3Com
- Apache HTTP Server
- Apache Tomcat
- Exchange 2003 thru 2013
Programming and Scripting Languages
- ASP.NET VB/C#
- General C/C++/C#
- Microsoft Licensing
Degree: MS: Manging Information Technology
Focus: Virtualization and Cloud Computing
Date: June 2015
- Current Issues in Network Technology
- Database Integration and Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Management & Administrative Theory
- Network and Data Security
- New Technology Integration
- Topics in New Technologies
- Wireless Technologies
University of Missouri - St. Louis
Degree: BS: Computer Science
Date: May 2009
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Computer Networks and Communications
- Computer Systems: Architecture and Organization
- Computer Systems: Programmng
- Database Management Systems
- Object Oriented Programming With C++
- Operating Systems
- Programming & Data Structures
- Programming Languages
- Technical Writing
St. Charles Community College
Degree: AAS: Computer Networking
Date: May 2006
- CCNA 2004 courses 1 through 4